Today, with the advent of Internet marketing and more importantly social medial applications, businesses are shifting their marketing strategies towards a softer pull strategy. With inbound marketing, firms are creating ways to entice clients to come to them on their own free will.
As any successful business owner will tell you, there is no magical solution to finding a client. Two businesses in the same sector will have vastly different strategies with different results. However, every marketing strategy should have a complete marketing mix: a combination of different approaches.
6 Key tools in your inbound marketing box:
- Face-to-Face networking – builds confidence and trust. Take the time to network at your local Chamber of Commerce and participate at independent forums. Reach out to new prospective clients and reconnect with existing clients. Invite them for lunch, or to a seminar/conference that may be of interest to their line of business. Make it about them.
- Client referrals and testimonials – most powerful! If you have satisfied clients, ask them to endorse you. A list of happy clients may be the icing on the cake to win over a new prospect.
- A corporate website and an active blog – creates buzz and viral visibility on the Internet. First impressions are important. So, take the time and effort to invest in a good quality website that showcases your great products and services. Share your knowledge and expertise. Tease your clients with snippets of information and watch them call you to find out more about your offerings.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – optimize key words that will increase your corporate website presence. Ensure that you focus on words and phrases so that clients looking for your services are lead directly to you.
- Google Analytics – Make it a priority to review your online statistics on a monthly basis. A wealth of information is available at your fingertips, which will enable you to analyze the traffic coming to your site. You might find clients that you would never have found otherwise.
- Social Media Platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and more recently Pinterest, Vine, Instagram, will expand your reach and can improve your website’s ranking on search engines. Experiment with the platforms and find the ones that work best for you!
The percentage of time and budgets allocated to these activities vary from one enterprise to another, as well as from one marketing campaign to another. A structured marketing plan with clear milestones will assist you in determining what works best for your firm.
For more information or questions on developing a successful marketing plan, contact us at email@example.com or 514-363-3995.